Jazz Musician John Fedchock Coming to ODU For Concert, Open Rehearsals

John+Fedchock%2C+Grammy+nominee%2C+is+coming+to+ODU.+Photo+credit+to+Joseph+Verzilli.+Image+via+Arts%40ODU.++

John Fedchock, Grammy nominee, is coming to ODU. Photo credit to Joseph Verzilli. Image via Arts@ODU.

By Ash F.J. Thomas, Staff Writer

John Fedchock and the John Toomey Trio will be coming to ODU to perform on April 17 at 7:30 p.m. at Chandler Recital Hall. 

John Fedchock is a celebrated jazz trombonist with a career spanning several decades. He has been nominated twice for the Grammy category “Best Instrumental Arrangement.” Fedchock  tours with jazz bands and plays at jazz festivals all over the world. He also makes appearances as a guest performer, conductor, and composer throughout the United States. 

In addition to the concert, Fedchock will also be a part of the John Fedchock Jazz Residency from April 13-17, which provides free and open clinics and rehearsals. The clinics will be on April 13 at 3 p.m., April 14 at 10 a.m., and April 17 at 1 p.m., all located at the Diehn Center. There will be a 4:30 p.m. open rehearsal with the ODU Jazz Orchestra at the Diehn Center on April 13 and a 1 p.m. open rehearsal with the ODU Jazz Choir at Chandler Recital Hall on April 14.

Free garage parking for the event will be at the corner of West 49th St. and Bluestone Ave. Tickets start at $5 for ODU students, $10 for ODU faculty, staff, and groups of 10 or more, and $15 for general. To purchase tickets, click here.