Joint Ensemble Concert at University Theatre

American+Voices+via+ODU+Music+on+Twitter.+

“American Voices” via ODU Music on Twitter.

By Ash F.J. Thomas, Staff Writer

The ODU Symphonic Band and Wind Ensemble will perform a joint concert called American Voices on April 6 at 6:30 p.m. at the University Theatre.

The ODU Symphonic Band, a staple of ODU’s music ensembles since its founding in 2009, is conducted by Alexander Treviño with Sarah Dodge as the graduate conductor. The band will perform music by Mackey, O’Loughlin, Pinkzebra, and Standridge.

The ODU Wind Ensemble, composed of around 50 of the university’s finest musicians, is conducted by Tyler Austin with Sarah Dodge as the graduate conductor. The performance will feature Hunter Kopczynski, a guest conductor from the University of North Carolina at Charlotte. The ensemble will perform music by Aldridge, Gershwin, Lindveit, Pann, and Thomas. Kristian Quilon, winner of the Young Artist Competition, will feature in the performance of Gershwin’s “Rhapsody in Blue.”

The Symphonic Band and Wind Ensemble are dedicated to performing music from emerging artists alongside the classics. Both bands are open for all majors. The Wind Ensemble requires an audition. 

Tickets to the performance are available to buy online here. Prices start at $5 for ODU students, $10 for ODU faculty and staff, and $15 for the general public.